Words from friends and clients
What seems to set Alex apart from other photographers is the way he seamlessly slots into being part of the client side team and the way in which he listens to clients and Marketing directors and understands their strategy and needs and always delivers over and above what is expected. Are you considering to book Alex for a shoot, read on you will get some idea of how Alex works and interacts with clients on a Photography shoot. We love it when people write great words about us, there’s a few below.
“We had the pleasure to work together with Alex on our last two projects and he took the incredible beautiful photos of our project Toplum. Alex has an incredible good eye for proportion and for architecture. He is a master of finding the right light and angle to capture the beauty of our interior design project in a photo. I am very honoured to work with him in the past and I am very sure we will shoot many more projects in the future. Thank you for being such a great artist, person and friend.”
CEO and Creative Director at XO Atelier
“I highly recommend Alex for anyone in need of exceptional photography, especially those in the hospitality industry. I have worked with Alex since 2019 for JA Resorts and Hotels and images always come out absolutely stunning!
Alex has a keen eye for capturing the best of any space, showing unique character and reflecting each and every USP as briefed. It would be an understatement to say that Alex has excellent attention to detail and such dedication when it comes to producing high-quality work.
Always professional, courteous, and responsive to our needs and requests, I’ve relied on Alex time and again for getting beautiful images to press, even around very tight deadlines. I would highly recommend Alex and team to any business looking for exceptional photography services. Working with Alex Jeffries Photography has been one of the best decisions we ever made!”
Marketing manager, JA Resorts & Hotels
“It was a pleasure to work with Alex and shoot a recent spatial project we branded. Very professional, great communication, and I always trusted him along the way, even if we were on the other side of the globe. He was able to capture the shots we were looking for, and also provide some extras – all stellar work!”
Creative Director and Co-founder at Pendo
“I had heard about Alex through a couple of colleagues who have worked with him for their brands but didn’t really know what an amazing person he is both personally and professionally until I had the privilege of working with him. Highly skilled and equipped with delivering more than what one could expect.
We had difficult challenges with our pre-opening property and very high expectations from the owning company. Alex helped us achieve the desired results in showcasing the product with all its USPs in the given timeframe.
I’m honoured to have worked with him and I will continue working with him on all my future projects.”
Marketing manager, Radisson Hotels
“Alex is by far one of the most talented & professional photographers I’ve worked with in the past few years. I recently worked with him on a corporate shoot for my company (30 people) and the process from start to finish was seamless – from location scouting to post-production and retouching. He and his team were a true pleasure to work with and the end results nothing less than pristine! Will definitely be my first choice for any future shoots.”
Communications Manager, Careem
“I worked with Alex for my headshots for my website and other marketing materials. The whole process was uber professional and smooth. I’m not someone who enjoys the limelight and I was a little concerned I would not only be but look uncomfortable in the photos. However, Alex was able to make me feel comfortable very quickly and knew how to direct me in terms of where and how to stand etc. The quality of the photos was great and I was happy with both the process and the results. I would recommend Alex for any photography needs!”
Certified Executive Coach
“Alex is simply one of the best photographers that I have ever worked with, his creativity and talent can’t be described in words, every picture he took of our resorts was a masterpiece, Alex enriched our images library and nobody ever in the market could’ve taken better pictures.
Alex is a professional photographer with an amazing attitude and will deliver the best content any organisation can dream of and he is definitely the best choice for anybody to work with and be around. I can’t recommend him more, any brand would benefit immensely from working with Alex.”
Marketing Manager, Address Hotels + resorts
“I had the pleasure of working with Alex on several projects, for a number of years. What started as a one-off arrangement for food photography grew into a key relationship where Alex would become our preferred option for photography across the board.
As most photographers of this level he is highly proficient technically, but over and above that I could always trust Alex to deliver: to get the shot, despite whatever challenges we had to work around. Furthermore he gives good advice, and perhaps more importantly, tells it straight when he needs to. We quickly established mutual trust and respect, and consequently we were able to deliver good work consistently.
It also helps that he and his team are so incredibly easy to work with – just makes the work that much more enjoyable.”
Marketing Manager, Habtoor Hotels
“To put it simple – Alex is a magician! His talent, vision, precision and the perfection of every detail of his work are absolutely incredible. Every single image he took for our hotel (Address Beach Resort) exceeded our expectations, every shot was a masterpiece and I am beyond grateful for the extraordinary effort Alex and his team put into this massive project.
I truly believe, that the photography made a whole lot of difference for our brand new property. No matter where we sent the images – be it our guests, media, partners or agencies – everyone was stunned and immediately asked us “who took those shots? are those real photos?”.
I won’t exaggerate if I say that Alex became part of our hotel’s team during the shoots. His professional and perceptive attitude was something that really stood out for me personally, especially during the busy days. I knew that if Alex is on site, the outcome will be perfect and I won’t need to supervise him or look over his shoulder. I had a peace of mind and did not need to worry about the results for a moment. Alex was working closely with everyone at the hotel, he over-delivered every single time, himself & his team supported us when we needed urgent changes, they were extremely flexible, they cared as much as we did, they were quick and efficient and the list goes on.
All in all, Alex is a delightful person to work with and be around. He’d always be our first choice when we need the highest quality of content. I can’t recommend him more, any venue would benefit immensely from working with Alex.”
Head of Marketing, Emaar Hospitality Group
“Having worked with Alex on a number of occasions, it is always a joy. The quality and behind the scenes work put into the shots are second to none. From the attention to detail that goes into everything; to Alex’s willingness to go the extra mile for that perfect shot (getting soaking wet turning on a shower comes to mind). Interior, exterior and food shots are always of the highest quality and I look forward to working with him every time. ”
Marketing Manager, Maraya, AlUla with Live Nation Entertainment
“I have used Alex on a few occasions and it always went very smooth and on time. He is very professional from the time you do the booking until the end. Needless to say that his work is excellent and always deliver the best. I highly recommend him and even my clients when they saw his work they asked for his details so they can use his skills in photo shooting.
I wish Alex all the best in the future and for sure i will keep on using his skills in all of my upcoming projects. ”
Elie El Khoury
Managing Partner at Sans Souci Lighting
“A true professional and joy to work with! Alex and his assistant John conducted 2 different photoshoots for us at our Abu Dhabi property and were able to deliver exactly what we were looking for; whilst facing the many challenges that come with a pre-opening with ease. His eye for detail and expertise resulted in stunning photographs, I would definitely recommend working with him! 10/10”
Nina Van Mil, Head of Marketing Rixos Hotels
“Alex is fantastic at what he does! We always have a great experience from start to finish, he really captures what you are looking and he is very professional and creative. I can’t recommend Alex and his team highly enough! Looking forward to our next shoot together.”
Una Vucenic, Marketing Radisson Blu
“It was a pleasure to work with Alex on the photoshoot of our recently completed Muraba Residences. Alex is extremely professional and produced stunning results for us. He is more than happy to go the extra mile to get the results that his client wants and I highly recommend him to potential clients.”
Leanne Sia, Marketing Khansaheb
“Alex’s architectural images are just stunning, a step ahead of the rest, with colours that simply jump off the page to grab you in a way images shot by other photographers just don’t“.
Colin Wright, CEO Select Group
“On behalf of everyone at Innerspace, I want to thank Alex and his team for the fantastic photography of some of our favourite Kitchen installations. The photography speaks for itself, the images look absolutely incredible and potential clients are being wowed by our new portfolio gallery. At first we were concerned about sending photographers into our clients homes and causing disruption to their daily routines. Alex and his team are so accommodating with the sometimes tricky logistics and challenges on site and all our clients had a delightful experience. Alex shot some stunning images with the utmost professionalism. I am really glad we’re working together and looking forward to a long, successful collaboration.”
Samir Ranavaya, CEO, Innerspace UAE
“Alex and his team hit the nail on the head again, with fantastic results. My clients were blown away by his teams’ passion, commitment, attention to detail and understanding of all the requirements beyond a photography brief; such as SEO, social, mobile, formats etc. A fantastic job that has helped us achieve very positive results after only 8 weeks and a delighted client for the agency.
Peter Hubbersty, Strategy Director The Tribe
“During my time in hospitality, Alex used to be my go-to hotel photographer for all things related to food and beverage, rooms and restaurants, or lifestyle photography.
He’s incredibly creative and has a great eye for details, and comes up with great ideas for concepts and food styling. His professionalism and makes working with him a real pleasure!”
Marketing, Habtoor Hotels
“It was an absolute pleasure working with Alex on our recent project for Hilton Dubai Creek. Alex has a keen eye for detail and is able to deliver the brief given for the project. He is a thorough profesional and a great collaborator. He is very organised and is breaming with ideas and creativity to help bring to life the brand vision in terms of photography and imagery. I look forward to working with him for future projects.”
Marketing Manager, Hilton Hotels
“Alex is an amazing photographer that can understand what a clients needs even before he knew it. He has a sharp attention to details and working with Alex and is team is very fun experience.
Alex is very easy to work with and I would recommend Alex to all marketers to tap in to his work. HIGHLY RECOMMEND”
Florante Abuton Jr.
Marketing Manager, Sun Siyam Resort, Maldives
“Not only is Alex an extremely talented photographer (his body of work speaks for itself!), he is able to grasp the clients’ photography guidelines and shoot to brief. He is excellent from the planning stage all the way through to the photo delivery and will go to great lengths to ensure he gets the best possible shot. He managed to put together a makeshift scaffolding to get the elevation required for an architectural shot…So resourceful! What I appreciated most about working with Alex though, is how composed, calm and positive he stays throughout the shoot day no matter what pressures arise. This is one of the main reasons I’d always be confident that a shoot with Alex would be successful.”
Marketing, Four Seasons resort
“Alex is a pleasure to work who has a great eye for detail and always delivers on the client brief. he’s also flexible + willing to explore outside the box for new ideas to complement the brand.”
General manager, Radisson Red
“I’ve worked with alex to revamp the image library of JA resorts and hotels and it was a delightful experience, he really brings calm to the shoot and he has a creative eye and he is very particular, would always have detailed attention to each image.”
Marketing, JA Hotels & Resorts
“Alex is a pleasure to work with and really brings a sense of calm to a shoot. A great eye for detail and always delivers the best of work.”
Marketing Manager, Radisson Blu
“When it comes to photography, Alex is the consummate professional. He works quickly and creatively to get the shots you want, picking the best locations and angles while also styling the pictures to look fantastic. I’ve worked with him several times now and have always been delighted with the results.”
“We have used Alex three times now, he is the ultimate professional, him and his team not only listen to us the customers but offer their wealth of knowledge.. On two occasions even though I knew what I wanted, Alex suggested having a think about different styling and that the pictures would speak louder – after trying both styles he was right, no I told you so but just a little look up from his lens as we previewed with his team.”
Manager, Middle East
“Great photography! Alex has photographed many of my projects with stunning results. All of my clients are over the moon with his work. recommended 100%”
Director, Hacker Kitchens, Dubai
“Working with Alex and Sapphire is an absolute pleasure. Not only are they always on time and professional, but the creativity of the clinic images exceeded our expectations. The next time I need a photographer for any of our projects, I will call Alex. ”
Marketing Manager, Meraas
“Our company works regularly with Alex and it is always a pleasure. The shoots are perfectly organized and the photos are always better than expected. He has given us a gorgeous portfolio of our work. I would highly recommend Alex.”
Hacker Kitchens, Dubai
“I have worked with Alex for the past two years, and myself and clients are consistently impressed with the quality of shots. I work across a range of corporate and consumer clients and whatever our focus, be it fast-action events or high-level corporate conferences, Alex’s team always delivers.”
Account Director, Grayling
Alex Jeffries Photography Group is fully GDPR compliant. Read below to find out more.
Alex Jeffries Photography Group is fully GDPR compliant. Read below to find out more.
We are very delighted that you have shown interest in our enterprise. Data protection is of a particularly high priority for the management of the Alex Jeffries Photography Group. The use of the Internet pages of the Alex Jeffries Photography Group is possible without any indication of personal data; however, if a data subject wants to use special enterprise services via our website, processing of personal data could become necessary. If the processing of personal data is necessary and there is no statutory basis for such processing, we generally obtain consent from the data subject.
The processing of personal data, such as the name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a data subject shall always be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and in accordance with the country-specific data protection regulations applicable to the Alex Jeffries Photography Group. By means of this data protection declaration, our enterprise would like to inform the general public of the nature, scope, and purpose of the personal data we collect, use and process. Furthermore, data subjects are informed, by means of this data protection declaration, of the rights to which they are entitled.
As the controller, the Alex Jeffries Photography Group has implemented numerous technical and organizational measures to ensure the most complete protection of personal data processed through this website. However, Internet-based data transmissions may in principle have security gaps, so absolute protection may not be guaranteed. For this reason, every data subject is free to transfer personal data to us via alternative means, e.g. by telephone.
The data protection declaration of the Alex Jeffries Photography Group is based on the terms used by the European legislator for the adoption of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our data protection declaration should be legible and understandable for the general public, as well as our customers and business partners. To ensure this, we would like to first explain the terminology used.
In this data protection declaration, we use, inter alia, the following terms:
- a) Personal data Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- b) Data subject Data subject is any identified or identifiable natural person, whose personal data is processed by the controller responsible for the processing.
- c) Processing Processing is any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- d) Restriction of processing Restriction of processing is the marking of stored personal data with the aim of limiting their processing in the future.
- e) Profiling Profiling means any form of automated processing of personal data consisting of the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyse or predict aspects concerning that natural person’s performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behaviour, location or movements.
- f) Pseudonymisation Pseudonymisation is the processing of personal data in such a manner that the personal data can no longer be attributed to a specific data subject without the use of additional information, provided that such additional information is kept separately and is subject to technical and organisational measures to ensure that the personal data are not attributed to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- g) Controller or controller responsible for the processing Controller or controller responsible for the processing is the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law.
- h) Processor Processor is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
- i) Recipient Recipient is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body, to which the personal data are disclosed, whether a third party or not. However, public authorities which may receive personal data in the framework of a particular inquiry in accordance with Union or Member State law shall not be regarded as recipients; the processing of those data by those public authorities shall be in compliance with the applicable data protection rules according to the purposes of the processing.
- j) Third party Third party is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
- k) Consent Consent of the data subject is any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.
2. Name and Address of the controller
Controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), other data protection laws applicable in Member states of the European Union and other provisions related to data protection is:
Alex Jeffries Photography Group
Boulevard Plaza Tower 1, Suite 1901, Level 19 – Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Blvd
PO Box 5000014 Dubai
United Arab Emirates
Phone: + 971 4 385 6647
3. Collection of general data and information
The website of the Alex Jeffries Photography Group collects a series of general data and information when a data subject or automated system calls up the website. This general data and information are stored in the server log files. Collected may be (1) the browser types and versions used, (2) the operating system used by the accessing system, (3) the website from which an accessing system reaches our website (so-called referrers), (4) the sub-websites, (5) the date and time of access to the Internet site, (6) an Internet protocol address (IP address), (7) the Internet service provider of the accessing system, and (8) any other similar data and information that may be used in the event of attacks on our information technology systems.
When using these general data and information, the Alex Jeffries Photography Group does not draw any conclusions about the data subject. Rather, this information is needed to (1) deliver the content of our website correctly, (2) optimize the content of our website as well as its advertisement, (3) ensure the long-term viability of our information technology systems and website technology, and (4) provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for criminal prosecution in case of a cyber-attack. Therefore, the Alex Jeffries Photography Group analyzes anonymously collected data and information statistically, with the aim of increasing the data protection and data security of our enterprise, and to ensure an optimal level of protection for the personal data we process. The anonymous data of the server log files are stored separately from all personal data provided by a data subject.
4. Registration on our website
The data subject has the possibility to register on the website of the controller with the indication of personal data. Which personal data are transmitted to the controller is determined by the respective input mask used for the registration. The personal data entered by the data subject are collected and stored exclusively for internal use by the controller, and for his own purposes. The controller may request transfer to one or more processors (e.g. a parcel service) that also uses personal data for an internal purpose which is attributable to the controller.
By registering on the website of the controller, the IP address—assigned by the Internet service provider (ISP) and used by the data subject—date, and time of the registration are also stored. The storage of this data takes place against the background that this is the only way to prevent the misuse of our services, and, if necessary, to make it possible to investigate committed offenses. Insofar, the storage of this data is necessary to secure the controller. This data is not passed on to third parties unless there is a statutory obligation to pass on the data, or if the transfer serves the aim of criminal prosecution.
The registration of the data subject, with the voluntary indication of personal data, is intended to enable the controller to offer the data subject contents or services that may only be offered to registered users due to the nature of the matter in question. Registered persons are free to change the personal data specified during the registration at any time, or to have them completely deleted from the data stock of the controller.
The data controller shall, at any time, provide information upon request to each data subject as to what personal data are stored about the data subject. In addition, the data controller shall correct or erase personal data at the request or indication of the data subject, insofar as there are no statutory storage obligations. The entirety of the controller’s employees are available to the data subject in this respect as contact persons.
5. Subscription to our newsletters
On the website of the Alex Jeffries Photography Group, users are given the opportunity to subscribe to our enterprise’s newsletter. The input mask used for this purpose determines what personal data are transmitted, as well as when the newsletter is ordered from the controller.
The Alex Jeffries Photography Group informs its customers and business partners regularly by means of a newsletter about enterprise offers. The enterprise’s newsletter may only be received by the data subject if (1) the data subject has a valid e-mail address and (2) the data subject registers for the newsletter shipping. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address registered by a data subject for the first time for newsletter shipping, for legal reasons, in the double opt-in procedure. This confirmation e-mail is used to prove whether the owner of the e-mail address as the data subject is authorized to receive the newsletter.
During the registration for the newsletter, we also store the IP address of the computer system assigned by the Internet service provider (ISP) and used by the data subject at the time of the registration, as well as the date and time of the registration. The collection of this data is necessary in order to understand the (possible) misuse of the e-mail address of a data subject at a later date, and it therefore serves the aim of the legal protection of the controller.
The personal data collected as part of a registration for the newsletter will only be used to send our newsletter. In addition, subscribers to the newsletter may be informed by e-mail, as long as this is necessary for the operation of the newsletter service or a registration in question, as this could be the case in the event of modifications to the newsletter offer, or in the event of a change in technical circumstances. There will be no transfer of personal data collected by the newsletter service to third parties. The subscription to our newsletter may be terminated by the data subject at any time. The consent to the storage of personal data, which the data subject has given for shipping the newsletter, may be revoked at any time. For the purpose of revocation of consent, a corresponding link is found in each newsletter. It is also possible to unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time directly on the website of the controller, or to communicate this to the controller in a different way.
The newsletter of the Alex Jeffries Photography Group contains so-called tracking pixels. A tracking pixel is a miniature graphic embedded in such e-mails, which are sent in HTML format to enable log file recording and analysis. This allows a statistical analysis of the success or failure of online marketing campaigns. Based on the embedded tracking pixel, the Alex Jeffries Photography Group may see if and when an e-mail was opened by a data subject, and which links in the e-mail were called up by data subjects.
Such personal data collected in the tracking pixels contained in the newsletters are stored and analyzed by the controller in order to optimize the shipping of the newsletter, as well as to adapt the content of future newsletters even better to the interests of the data subject. These personal data will not be passed on to third parties. Data subjects are at any time entitled to revoke the respective separate declaration of consent issued by means of the double-opt-in procedure. After a revocation, these personal data will be deleted by the controller. The Alex Jeffries Photography Group automatically regards a withdrawal from the receipt of the newsletter as a revocation.
7. Contact possibility via the website
The website of the Alex Jeffries Photography Group contains information that enables a quick electronic contact to our enterprise, as well as direct communication with us, which also includes a general address of the so-called electronic mail (e-mail address). If a data subject contacts the controller by e-mail or via a contact form, the personal data transmitted by the data subject are automatically stored. Such personal data transmitted on a voluntary basis by a data subject to the data controller are stored for the purpose of processing or contacting the data subject. There is no transfer of this personal data to third parties.
8. Routine erasure and blocking of personal data
The data controller shall process and store the personal data of the data subject only for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of storage, or as far as this is granted by the European legislator or other legislators in laws or regulations to which the controller is subject to.
If the storage purpose is not applicable, or if a storage period prescribed by the European legislator or another competent legislator expires, the personal data are routinely blocked or erased in accordance with legal requirements.
9. Rights of the data subject
- a) Right of confirmation Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from the controller the confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her are being processed. If a data subject wishes to avail himself of this right of confirmation, he or she may, at any time, contact any employee of the controller.
- b) Right of access Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from the controller free information about his or her personal data stored at any time and a copy of this information. Furthermore, the European directives and regulations grant the data subject access to the following information:
- the purposes of the processing;
- the categories of personal data concerned;
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organisations;
- where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data, or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject, or to object to such processing;
- the existence of the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- where the personal data are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source;
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Article 22(1) and (4) of the GDPR and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject.
- c) Right to rectification Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, the data subject shall have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement. If a data subject wishes to exercise this right to rectification, he or she may, at any time, contact any employee of the controller.
- d) Right to erasure (Right to be forgotten) Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning him or her without undue delay, and the controller shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies, as long as the processing is not necessary:
- The personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- The data subject withdraws consent to which the processing is based according to point (a) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR, or point (a) of Article 9(2) of the GDPR, and where there is no other legal ground for the processing.
- The data subject objects to the processing pursuant to Article 21(1) of the GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or the data subject objects to the processing pursuant to Article 21(2) of the GDPR.
- The personal data have been unlawfully processed.
- The personal data must be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject.
- The personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in Article 8(1) of the GDPR.
- e) Right of restriction of processing Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from the controller restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject, for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data.
- The processing is unlawful and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests instead the restriction of their use instead.
- The controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- The data subject has objected to processing pursuant to Article 21(1) of the GDPR pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of the data subject.
- f) Right to data portability Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator, to receive the personal data concerning him or her, which was provided to a controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. He or she shall have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided, as long as the processing is based on consent pursuant to point (a) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR or point (a) of Article 9(2) of the GDPR, or on a contract pursuant to point (b) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR, and the processing is carried out by automated means, as long as the processing is not necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller. Furthermore, in exercising his or her right to data portability pursuant to Article 20(1) of the GDPR, the data subject shall have the right to have personal data transmitted directly from one controller to another, where technically feasible and when doing so does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others. In order to assert the right to data portability, the data subject may at any time contact any employee of the Alex Jeffries Photography Group.
- g) Right to object Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator to object, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, at any time, to processing of personal data concerning him or her, which is based on point (e) or (f) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR. This also applies to profiling based on these provisions. The Alex Jeffries Photography Group shall no longer process the personal data in the event of the objection, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. If the Alex Jeffries Photography Group processes personal data for direct marketing purposes, the data subject shall have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning him or her for such marketing. This applies to profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. If the data subject objects to the Alex Jeffries Photography Group to the processing for direct marketing purposes, the Alex Jeffries Photography Group will no longer process the personal data for these purposes. In addition, the data subject has the right, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, to object to processing of personal data concerning him or her by the Alex Jeffries Photography Group for scientific or historical research purposes, or for statistical purposes pursuant to Article 89(1) of the GDPR, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest. In order to exercise the right to object, the data subject may contact any employee of the Alex Jeffries Photography Group. In addition, the data subject is free in the context of the use of information society services, and notwithstanding Directive 2002/58/EC, to use his or her right to object by automated means using technical specifications.
- h) Automated individual decision-making, including profiling Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning him or her, or similarly significantly affects him or her, as long as the decision (1) is not is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between the data subject and a data controller, or (2) is not authorised by Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject and which also lays down suitable measures to safeguard the data subject’s rights and freedoms and legitimate interests, or (3) is not based on the data subject’s explicit consent. If the decision (1) is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between the data subject and a data controller, or (2) it is based on the data subject’s explicit consent, the Alex Jeffries Photography Group shall implement suitable measures to safeguard the data subject’s rights and freedoms and legitimate interests, at least the right to obtain human intervention on the part of the controller, to express his or her point of view and contest the decision. If the data subject wishes to exercise the rights concerning automated individual decision-making, he or she may, at any time, contact any employee of the Alex Jeffries Photography Group.
- i) Right to withdraw data protection consent Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator to withdraw his or her consent to processing of his or her personal data at any time. If the data subject wishes to exercise the right to withdraw the consent, he or she may, at any time, contact any employee of the Alex Jeffries Photography Group.
10. Data protection for applications and the application procedures
The data controller shall collect and process the personal data of applicants for the purpose of the processing of the application procedure. The processing may also be carried out electronically. This is the case, in particular, if an applicant submits corresponding application documents by e-mail or by means of a web form on the website to the controller. If the data controller concludes an employment contract with an applicant, the submitted data will be stored for the purpose of processing the employment relationship in compliance with legal requirements. If no employment contract is concluded with the applicant by the controller, the application documents shall be automatically erased two months after notification of the refusal decision, provided that no other legitimate interests of the controller are opposed to the erasure. Other legitimate interest in this relation is, e.g. a burden of proof in a procedure under the General Equal Treatment Act (AGG).
11. Legal basis for the processing
Art. 6(1) lit. a GDPR serves as the legal basis for processing operations for which we obtain consent for a specific processing purpose. If the processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party, as is the case, for example, when processing operations are necessary for the supply of goods or to provide any other service, the processing is based on Article 6(1) lit. b GDPR. The same applies to such processing operations which are necessary for carrying out pre-contractual measures, for example in the case of inquiries concerning our products or services. Is our company subject to a legal obligation by which processing of personal data is required, such as for the fulfillment of tax obligations, the processing is based on Art. 6(1) lit. c GDPR. In rare cases, the processing of personal data may be necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person. This would be the case, for example, if a visitor were injured in our company and his name, age, health insurance data or other vital information would have to be passed on to a doctor, hospital or other third party. Then the processing would be based on Art. 6(1) lit. d GDPR. Finally, processing operations could be based on Article 6(1) lit. f GDPR. This legal basis is used for processing operations which are not covered by any of the abovementioned legal grounds, if processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by our company or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data. Such processing operations are particularly permissible because they have been specifically mentioned by the European legislator. He considered that a legitimate interest could be assumed if the data subject is a client of the controller (Recital 47 Sentence 2 GDPR).
12. The legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party
Where the processing of personal data is based on Article 6(1) lit. f GDPR our legitimate interest is to carry out our business in favor of the well-being of all our employees and the shareholders.
13. Period for which the personal data will be stored
The criteria used to determine the period of storage of personal data is the respective statutory retention period. After expiration of that period, the corresponding data is routinely deleted, as long as it is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of the contract or the initiation of a contract.
14. Provision of personal data as statutory or contractual requirement; Requirement necessary to enter into a contract; Obligation of the data subject to provide the personal data; possible consequences of failure to provide such data
We clarify that the provision of personal data is partly required by law (e.g. tax regulations) or can also result from contractual provisions (e.g. information on the contractual partner). Sometimes it may be necessary to conclude a contract that the data subject provides us with personal data, which must subsequently be processed by us. The data subject is, for example, obliged to provide us with personal data when our company signs a contract with him or her. The non-provision of the personal data would have the consequence that the contract with the data subject could not be concluded. Before personal data is provided by the data subject, the data subject must contact any employee. The employee clarifies to the data subject whether the provision of the personal data is required by law or contract or is necessary for the conclusion of the contract, whether there is an obligation to provide the personal data and the consequences of non-provision of the personal data.
15. Existence of automated decision-making
As a responsible company, we do not use automatic decision-making or profiling.